Malware or malicious software, is a general term used to refer to a variety of forms of vicious or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs.
Here are some signs that your computer is malware infected:
- Computer Slowdown – It is a known fact that malware has the tendency to slow down your operating system, your Internet speed or the speed of your applications.
- Popping Pop ups – One of the most annoying signs of malware is represented by the unwanted pop-up windows. Unexpected pop-ups which appear on the system are a typical sign of a spyware infection.
- Computer/Application Crashes – If programs or the whole system crashes like the infamous BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) appears frequently, it maybe a sign of malware.
- Running out of HD Space – This is another sign of malware activity, since there are numerous types of malicious software which use various methods to fill up all the available space in the hard drive and cause it to crash.
- Unwanted homepage, Toolbars, Automatically going to a Webpage – This usually happens when you visit a website and you unintentionally click a link or a pop-up window. This triggers unwanted software to download and install on your device. Its effects are not only annoying, but also malicious.
- Your contacts are getting strange message from you – If friends are telling you that they received emails from you or instant messages which often include attachments or links, contact your cyber security administrator immediately.
IT Black Spot and The Telco Spot are dedicated to assist you in any malware infection you encounter. Contact us today and we’re happy to help!